Counselling With Linda Wilson, Elite Counselling
I am passionate about assisting others to empower themselves. Negative and challenging situations happen in all our lives, and I am here to provide support and compassion, while helping you build additional life skills and strengths.
I work differently with each person, as everyone has different concerns, personalities and goals.
What you can expect when working with me is compassion, understanding, acceptance, integrity, honesty, reliability and confidentiality. The counselling space is non-judgemental and non-critical. You can also expect to be challenged at times; however, this is done in a safe, respectful and empowering manner. I will always believe in your ability to overcome obstacle, and I will help you recognise and develop your own strengths, abilities, courage, happiness and capacity to cope.
Undertaking counselling is a self-caring and nurturing activity which gives you a opportunity to unpack your concerns in a safe and non-judgemental environment – this is a space for you to just “be”. The counselling room is a relaxed, comfortable and safe environment. Confidentiality is assured.
Over the past 20 years, I have worked with many people who have faced a variety of issues and challenges. These include:
- Anxiety and stress
- Lacking confidence and self-esteem
- Relationship / partner issues
- Loss and grief
- Family issues
- Divorce and separation
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Adult sexual abuse
- Physical / domestic violence
- Emotional / mental abuse
- Self-harming behaviour
- Sexuality or gender identify confusion
- Concern or worry for a loved one
- Negative body image
The Counselling Modalities I Work With
While I have studied, and am familiar with, a number of different counselling therapies, I primarily work with a combination of solution-focused therapy, person-centred therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy and narrative therapy. I adapt my approach to ensure the best result for the person I am working with.
Regardless of the counselling theories I use, I work with compassion, respect, integrity and mindfulness. I understand that you feel hurt, challenged and worried, and I support you in bringing sense and understanding to what you are experiencing.
Signs You May Need Counselling
Life can be hard sometimes. It can be unfair, cruel and unkind. Life can also be difficult to understand, decisions can be confusing, misunderstandings occur and there are often disagreements, worries and unforeseen problems.
Despite all of this, you can feel happy and peaceful. You can know that your life has meaning and that you are a worthwhile person. Sometimes feeling like this comes easily and at other times, we need to work through the challenges that life throws at us. If you do not feel content, positively challenged and mostly comfortable with your life then counselling could be beneficial for you.
Ask yourself the following questions to check if counselling is the right path for you at the moment.
- Feeling dissatisfied with your life, but don’t know what to do about it?
- Having issues or concerns about your partner, children or family?
- Had a recent breakup and feel lost and alone?
- Feeling stressed?
- Have you suffered a trauma and can’t stop thinking about it?
- Someone you care about has died?
- Feel like you don’t want to burden others in your life with what you are feeling?
- Experiencing headaches, digestive issues, skin irritations or other physical symptoms that you believe are due to anxiety?
- Feeling sad and/or depressed and not sure how to lift yourself out of it?
- Want to move in a different direction in your life, but don’t know where to begin?
- Have a life-changing decision to make but not sure how others will take it?
- Experiencing nightmares, having trouble sleeping sleep, or it is hard to get out of bed in the morning?
- Overindulging in alcohol, drugs, medications, etc?
- Having trouble making decisions?
- Dealing with a difficult work situation?
- Feel you’re not functioning as well as you used to?
- Want to talk to someone who is independent and totally separate from everyone in your life?
- Your family or friends are concerned about you?
Everyone needs extra support at certain times and counselling is not only for the “big” things that happen, but also for the times when you are feeling slightly overwhelmed, a bit “off-track” or confused.