LGBTIQA+ Awareness Training
This 2.5 hour workshop offers a friendly and respectful forum where participants can strengthen their understanding and awareness of the Rainbow community, therefore reducing misunderstanding, unconscious bias and stereotyping of those who identify as LGBTIQA+.
The workshop provides information to increase the knowledge, insight and awareness of the LGBTIQA+ community. The workshop includes:
- Understanding the LGBTIQA+ acronym
- Challenging assumptions of the LGBTIQA+ community
- Case studies of those who identify as part of the LGBTIQA+ community
- Discrimination, challenges, issues and stress faced within the community
- Simple ways to support the Rainbow Community
Comments from previous attendees include:
- The workshop helped me understand more about the LGBTIQA+ community and provided tips for engaging respectfully with those from the community.
- This was a well-run workshop that provided opportunities to ask questions or to seek clarification, in a safe environment.
- I always find the way that Linda presents to be informative and educational without creating a space for debate or critique. I really, really enjoy Linda’s presentation style. This particular workshop was very informative and allowed me to further understand a subject that is very broad and can be overwhelming to understand or know where to start learning.
- I would recommend this workshop to other people because it helps people gain a better understanding of the issues faced by the LGBTIQA+ community.
- This training really helped me understand the Rainbow Community in a way I hadn’t before. Everyone should attend this workshop.
The LGBTIQA+ Awareness Training workshop can be delivered both via Zoom and or within your workplace. For further information, please contact Linda Wilson on 0431 693 313 or